Believe it or not, nearly 700,000 babies are born each year in the UK and roughly 41% of these live births are actually first births, which means that our country acknowledges upwards of 140,000 new parents per year.
In this regard, it’s very important to understand the advantages and benefits associated with enrolling your little boy or girl into a reputable childcare facility, which is why we’ve created this brief article to highlight the significance of your local childcare providers in Nottingham.
Your Child’s Early Years Are Far More Pivotal than You’d Think
According to several recent studies and investigative exposés, early childhood development is essential to the future of every newborn in today’s day and age:
- Between the ages of six months and one year, almost 1,000 new neural connections are formed every second and the rate of cognitive development increases exponentially as the child ages. In fact, it is believed that the typical two-year-old generates upwards of 500,000 neurological connections per hour.
- Over the course of a 20-year analysis, researchers found that children who spend at least 20 hours per week in a childcare centre are 75% more likely to pursue higher education and collegiate schooling.
- Additionally, youngsters who enrol in a nursery prior to the age of two are 62% less likely to have a baby before turning 20 and 72% less likely to be imprisoned or accused of a crime during their lifetimes.
- From an auditory perspective, it’s worth noting that a young child will hear roughly 8,000 to 12,000 words and expressions per week at home but upwards of 240,000 terminologies and phrases during a typical week at a childcare facility. This is particularly critical when considering that the average one-year-old can understand 70 to 100 words even if he or she isn’t able to speak yet.
- Contrary to popular belief, sending your child to a distinguished nursery can actually be more cost-effective than home-based care, especially when taking into account the food expenses, lost wages, and alternative opportunity costs that come with in-home care. Some local nurseries even offer a 10% discount for student-parents.
As such, the decision to register with a trustworthy, accredited childcare centre is essentially a no-brainer, which is why thousands upon thousands of UK parents are beginning to partner with their local facilities nowadays.
The Enrolment Process Is Very Easy and Intuitive
Irrespective of whether you need full-time or half-day care and regardless of whether your child has special needs, your neighbourhood nursery can provide an economical, personalised childcare solution for you and your family.
All you have to do is book an introductory consultation and on-site walkthrough to learn about your options and initiate the sign-up process; however, be sure to act quickly because available space might be limited.